Friday, September 20, 2013

FO Friday 155- Secret Project Revealed!

Happy Friday! Today is a special FO for me, as I finally get to talk about my (finished) secret project I've been working on the past few months. Some of you may have seen the news a few days ago on either the Candy Skein Addicts Ravelry group, or my Instagram account, but thought I would share it here, especially since I plan to have more posts about the process.







I am so so so excited this day is finally here. Candy Skein Savory Fingering, which is new to the CS line, is in the September shipment of Yarnbox.

yarnboxlogo.jpg

For those of you who haven’t heard of Yarnbox, they are a subscription box that is delivered each month (they have several different subscription plans available). You don’t know what yarn you will be receiving each box, so it’s super exciting! Each box contains three skeins of the yarn, patterns, candy and sometimes even coupons for the yarn in which you received.

CSSavoryBlackCurrantGrapeSoda.JPG


Here is a picture of the yarn that you could receive in your box. One the left is new colorway, Black Currant, and on the right is Grape Soda.

Savory Fingering will be available soon on the website in these colors, along with tons of the usual suspects. It is a 80% merino superwash/20% nylon that has an unbelievable bounce and ply. In my opinion the ply is very close to MadTosh Sock. Each skein is 400 yards and will be $22 each.

I just wanted to thank you all for being so patient over the past few months while I had to stay quiet about this, and also for understanding when the shipments were a little slower, the site not fully stocked, the monthly colorway a little late this month and mostly my posts being speratic here, while I tried to get the Yarnbox order out the door.

So thank you! To everyone here for being so kind with lovely comments and still hanging in there despite not giving you much.

As mentioned earlier, I will have more posts soon about the process of dyeing a VERY large amount of yarn in a very small time.

Share your FOs!

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous pairing! I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't be excited to receive those. Hope life settles a bit now... Just in time for hockey season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are some beautiful colourways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new colour, that is gorgeous. My perfect shade of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORE the colours, makes me think of summer lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely yarn!

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats. The colors are gorgeous. Every participant will be happy to get that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news - and great yarn! I especially love the blackcurrant colourway!!! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I'd never heard of Yarnbox before ... that might have to be on my (early) Christmas list! Maybe I could tell my husband that I've already purchased my gift? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colorways! I'll have to check Yarnbox out.

    ReplyDelete